Constitution of Pakistan (Child Rights)
The following Articles in the Constitution of Pakistan are directly related to the rights of the child:
Article 11. Slavery, forced labor, etc., prohibited
- Slavery is non-existent and forbidden and no law shall permit or facilitate its introduction into Pakistan in any form.
- All forms of forced labor and traffic in human beings are prohibited.
- No child below the age of fourteen years shall be engaged in any factory or mine or any other hazardous employment.
- Nothing in this Article shall be deemed to affect compulsory service:
- By any person undergoing punishment for an offence against any law; or
- Required by any law for public purpose provided that no compulsory service shall be of a cruel nature or incompatible with human dignity.
- All citizens are equal before the law and are entitled to equal protection of law.
- There shall be no discrimination on the basis of sex.
- Nothing in the Article shall prevent the State from making any special provision for the protection of women and children.
- The State shall provide free and compulsory education to all children of the age of five to sixteen years in such manner as may be determined by law.
- The State shall protect the marriage, the family, the mother and the child.