Constitution of Pakistan (Education)
The following Articles in the Constitution of Pakistan are directly related to Education:
Article 25A. Right to education
- The State shall provide free and compulsory education to all children of the age of five to sixteen years in such manner as may be determined by law.
Article 19A. Right to information
- Every citizen shall have the right to have access to information in all matters of public importance subject to regulation and reasonable restrictions imposed by law.
Article 22. Safeguards as to educational institutions in respect of religion, etc.
- No person attending any educational institution shall be required to receive religious instruction, or take part in any religious ceremony, or attend religious worship, if such instruction, ceremony or worship relates to a religion other than his own.
Article 37. Promotion of social justice and eradication of social evils
The State shall:
- Promote, with special care, the educational and economic interests of backward classes or areas;
- Remove illiteracy and provide free and compulsory secondary education within minimum possible period;
- Make technical and professional education generally available and higher education equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.