Constitution of Pakistan (Women)
The following Articles in the Constitution of Pakistan are directly related to gender equality:
Article 25. Equality of citizens
- All citizens are equal before the law and are entitled to equal protection of law.
- There shall be no discrimination on the basis of sex.
- Nothing in the Article shall prevent the State from making any special provision for the protection of women and children.
Article 34. Full participation of women in national life
- Steps shall be taken to ensure full participation of women in all spheres of national life.
Article 37. Promotion of social justice and eradication of social evils
The State shall
- Make provision for securing just and humane conditions for work, ensuring that children and women are not employed in vocations unsuited to their age or sex, and for maternity benefits for women in employment.